1) Journal Information: International Journal of Cultural and Social Studies is owned by International Science Culture and Sport Association (ISCSA). It is published biannually, in June and December. Apart from the ordinary issues, special issues on special topics or on conference proceedings are also planned to be published in certain periods.
The journal is officially abbreviated as IntJCSS. It is an open access online journal, available as full text and open for anyone. The journal operates totally FREE OF CHARGE for both authors and readers.
IntJCSS is a peer reviewed journal, and each manuscript needs to be reviewed by at least two separate reviewers on blind review basis. IntJCSS never asks authors to recommend reviewers for their own submissions. The reviewers should be listed on the last page of the last issue of each volume. Those who are interested in reviewing articles should contact to the manager of the journal.
IntJCSS has two working languages; English and Turkish. The manuscripts written in Turkish must necessarily include an abstract in English.
2) Scope: IntJCSS is primarily focused on cultural studies, both theoretical and practical, but also is willing to explore and contribute to the field of social sciences in general. All the related social sciences, such as; sociology, psychology, history, communication, religions, management, literature, linguistics, arts, etc.are planned to be covered.
The journal welcomes to receive submissions of reviews, original researches, case studies, letters to authors, and book / article criticisms on related topics.
3) Copyright & Responsibility: Submitting a manuscript to this journal means that the author(s) agree;
- that this manuscript has not been published or sent for publication elsewhere;
- they have responsibility of the contents and authenticity of the article;
- the journal and author(s) have same right for the copyright of the article and either of the journal or author(s) can use it by anyway without noting the other party.
- author (s) should clearly explain any contributions received from other parties, any financial support received either from individuals and/or institutions, and also any kinds of conflict of interest.
- author(s) should add an explanation footnote to the title if the manuscript was presented in a conference or reproduced from a dissertation.
4) Originality: Submitting your manuscript to our journal, we understand that this it is an original manuscript and is unpublished work and is not under consideration elsewhere. Plagiarism, including duplicate publication of the author’s own work, in whole or in part without proper citation is not tolerated by the journal. Manuscripts submitted to the journal may be checked for originality using anti-plagiarism software. Our journal uses a valid software in order to ensure the originality and avoid any kinds of plagiarism.
5) Open Access Policy: The journal is based on open access policy. All the articles published in this journal can be reached free of charge any time through a regular internet connection. Therefore, all our articles have free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, distribute, copy, share, print, search, on link to the full text of these articles, crawl them for indexing by any of the indexes and databases, or use them for any kinds of legal purpose without any financial, legal, or technical restrictions. For the full details of this policy please refer to Budapest Open Access Initiative.
6) Publication Fee: There is NO FEE to publish articles in this journal. We don't ask for any charges under name of article submission or processing cost.
7) Manuscript Preparation & Submission
Each manuscript is suggested to include the following components, but not necessarily to follow it exactly;
(1) Title: including the complete article title; each author’s full name; institution(s) with which each author is affiliated, with city, and country; and the name, complete postal address, telephone number, and at least one email address for author(s). IT IS NECESSARY to have EACH AUTHOR's affiliation and contact, at least valid email address.
(2) Abstract (not less than 100 words and more than 250 words; including short sentences about Background, Materials and Methods, Results, and Discussions)
(3) Keywords (not less than 3 words and more than 8 words)
(5) Materials and Methods
(6) Findings / Results
(7) Discussions / Conclusions
(8) Acknowledgments (if applicable - And if there is a funding resource, it has UTMOST importance to explain it in this part!))
Manuscript length for a research paper should be 4 to 20 pages.
Authors should follow the explanations on the web site in order to submit their articles.
Manuscripts should be prepared with The Microsoft Word file; Font: Normal, Times New Roman, 12 pt, single space; Indent: No indents; Page Setup: Paper-Letter size; Margins-2.5 cm each side; Title: Use Title Case in the title and subtitles (e.g. “The Relationship between Multiple Intelligence and Academic Motivation”); Figures and Tables: Use full word of figure and table (e.g. Figure 1. Relationship Diagram between MI and AM, Table 1. Annual Income of Target Groups)
References (APA style): Cite references in the text as “last name, year”, e.g. (Turkmen, 2003). For multiple authors and page numbers in the text, e.g. (Turkmen et al., 2013: 65).
References should be listed in alphabetical order, and include all the authors’ last names and initials (no dots after initials), title, journal, year, volume, issue, and pages etc.
Gardner H, Kul M, Taner B, Ozkan A (2012). Multiple intelligences: the theory in practice. New York: Basic Books.
Stanford P (2003). Multiple intelligence for every classroom. Journal of Education Psychology, 39(2): 81-89, http://www.iscs-a.org/content/39/2/80 (accessed May 14, 2015).
Turkmen M (2004). The effects of martial arts on children development. International Journal of Contemporary Educational Studies (IntJCES), 8(1): 276-281.